Language:
  • EN

People Extinguish Flames and Keep Dog Safe

Occurred on June 28, 2022 / Moberly, Missouri, USA

Info from Licensor: My daughter pointed out a car on fire in the parking lot of our local farm store. I ran to the door and yelled for the employees to call 911 and to get a fire extinguisher and then ran over and looked in the car window to make sure it was empty. There was a scared dog in the front seat. Julie started filming as I was trying to break into the car, in case I had to bust out the window. I and another bystander worked to get the doors unlocked, hurried, but not panicked since the fire was still minor. We finally got the door open so we could remove the scared dog and pop the hood for the fire dept. I had to move slowly, and coax the pup, as he was terrified and cowering on the floorboard. The fire was put out with a fire extinguisher by a store manager, just before the fire truck arrived. We were then able to tie a string to the dog's collar and pull him out. He was happy to be out and happily greeted everyone. The firemen inspected the SUV to make sure the fire was completely out and found the cause of the fire. It turns out a mechanic left a shop rag in the engine area. It fell against the exhaust and caught fire. It burned out through the bottom of the bumper.
Location Moberly, Missouri, USA
Occurred not known
Posted By Lindsay Lenz
Posted On Jun-29-2022

Tags